Living full time in a camper is rough, here is my list of must haves to make it a little easier.
1. Good surge protectors outside & inside I can’t tell you how much we spent on replacing our microwave, TVs and my Keurig because our inverter blew up (not just once) so we definitely learned this one the hard way! Use a Surge protector as much as you can and make sure it can handle the load! Here is one similar to the one we use outside.
2. Folding step stool Right now I have a cheap one from TJ Maxx but I don’t know how many times a day I use it. (FYI don’t stand directly in the center of those!)
3. Electric weed eater
So many places just mow. The easiest way to keep critters away is to keep the grass short around and under your camper. We got weed eater at Lowe’s
, and I love using it!
4. Rug for outside
I swear by an outdoor rug, carpet, or whatever you want to throw down! I’m so tired of sweeping 3-4 times a day! Also, it helps to keep from tracking in those painful grass stickers! Here
is a good one they have a Walmart, just make sure you stake it down!
5. Command hooks and strips in various sizes
I should buy stock in Command Strips! I have them everywhere. I have lots of pictures hung with them, and our baseball caps! My Swiffer & broom are hung by these fancy things
we picked up at Office Depot.
6. Moth balls We throw them under our camper to help keep mice away! We normally throw some under the camper every 2-3 months. Mostly it depends on the precipitation.
7. Slow cooker I have probably cooked at least 1/3 of our meals in a slow cooker. It’s amazing in the summer it doesn’t heat up your camper.
8. Organizational totes or bins The key for me to keeping our camper clean is making sure everything has a place. and everything goes in its place. (Logan is currently grounded from numerous things because he can’t remember to put the stuff up when he is done.
If I think of anything else I’ll be sure to add.